Bask in the sunshiness of joy and good feelings! I hope it warms your soul and your heart and makes you truly happy. If that doesn’t work, eat cake.
I can’t explain how super excited Bertie and me are at being nominated for a bloggers award, especially when the person nominating me is a fellow blogger, Cezane. HUGE compliment!!! Thank you. Sending lots of good vibes and positivity your way. If fairy dust could travel down internet connections then you would be sparkling right now and be leaving that annoying glitter everywhere you go!
This is the LONGEST blog post I have EVER written so bear with me…..here are my answers to the questions, Cezane asked me:
If there is one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?
- Calorie free ice-cream, although I think the calories add to the flavour! Oh and World Peace.
Which post in your blog so far would you say is the best of your offerings according to you?
- It is hard to choose just one, I have written so many and they all have their own unique content. I think my “story-telling” posts get the most interest and they are the ones which I allow my imagination to run away with me on. They have a personal element of me in them as I am writing what I have experienced, seen and done through Bertie. I also let my humour shine through in them when I am writing.
What motivates you to write?
- I want to help and inspire others. Most people want to talk to me and they do not always listen to what I have to say so I suppose writing allows me my chance to talk to people and help them. I have been through so much in my own life, seen so much, dealt with so much, I want to inspire others. To give them hope. To lead by example and most of all to make people smile. I get a massive sense of joy inside me when I can see my work has touched someone in a positive way. It’s like a ripple effect when you throw a stone into water. Spreading the joy! Its addictive.
Cats or Dogs?
- I am a MASSIVE dog person!!!! I have even been likened to a Golden Retriever, with my bubbly personality, happy disposition and loyalty to the people I care about. My little Jack Russell cross Beagle is the most amazing dog I know, she is always happy and positive and a complete comedian. She has been through so much in her little life, two spinal operations and she is now recovering from Canine Caner. She is truly an inspiration and my best friend!
Can Money buy Happiness?
- No, nothing can BUY happiness, although people do try to every day. Happiness is found inside of yourself and takes time to learn to access. Most people do not want to put in the hard work or are too scared to. There is no quick fix to feeling happy, it takes time, effort and is the reward for your hard work on you. Money can buy you freedom, which in turn can allow you the time to buy happiness but sooner or later you have to face the new challenge of coming back to society and learning to MAINTAIN your happiness whilst living day to day. That is the true challenge.
What is the best memory you have of your life?
- I have so many! Ironically some of my best memories have come after great efforts or disasters, like the time I got to Annapurna Base Camp whilst also suffering from a nasty bacteria infection attacking my stomach and not being able to eat for 3 days whilst walking for 7 hours a day. I would say my best memories are sitting at the top of the Pennies in Yorkshire with my dog, my Grandad’s gentle hands and him showing me when I was very little how his skin didn’t bounce back like mine did, and my dads strong, safe hugs when my life felt like it was a complete mess and I would never escape the pain I was feeling.
What is your Dream?
- I want to earn a living by helping other people to find the light within themselves. I want to work in an uninterrupted creative way every single day of my life.
- Those pretty white porcelain ones with the blue patterns around them and the wavy edges! 😉
What would you say is the drive towards success?
- An internal, nagging tug which comes from inside my heart and is constantly there every day. I don’t know what it is driving me towards, which is kind of annoying, but I know when I am on the right path because I can “feel” it inside of me like a knowing.
What are your favourate books/movies?
- I LOVE books……Especially the Famous Five. Those of you old enough to know those books will resonate with me at how awesome they are, those of you not old enough you don’t know what you are missing. At the moment I am reading Roberta Sykes’ 3 novels. If you really want a look into Australia’s history these books are for you!
Three wishes, what are your wishes?
- I wish I can be the glowing light for those in darkness.
- I wish everyone could look at each other with eyes of love rather than hate.
- I wish chocolate had no calories!
I think this is my longest ever post! If you have arrived at the bottom well done. Thank you for staying with me this long.
So my turn: I nominate the following blogs:
The questions I pose to you are:
- What/who inspires you?
- What is your top blogging tip?
- What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
- Black or white?
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
- Favourite mode of transport?
- Choose one: By the ocean, up a mountain, in the forest or in the fields?
- What is your favourite thing to do when you are not blogging?